Senior Director, Internal Communications
- Full Time
Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, is seeking experienced internal communications professional to join its Corporate Communications team. The position is based in Miami, Florida. This individual is accountable for helping the company leaders engage and motivate their employees as part of a mission-driven company focused on informing and empowering the Hispanic community. As part of the Corporate Communications team, this role works across the enterprise to lead the development and execution of internal communications and employee engagement strategies and messaging. The position reports to the SVP, Corporate Communications in New York City.
- Directs and coordinates the development and execution of comprehensive, measurable, strategic communication plans to meet Univision’s business objectives. This includes leading in a matrix environment to plan, write, execute, track and measure the effectiveness of internal-facing communications to more than 4,000 employees and supporting staff.
- Directs the overall internal communications strategy that informs and engages employees and is aligned with the company’s external communication strategy.
- Provides counsel, feedback and support to corporate and divisional executive leaders in HR, Finance, Compliance, among others by recommending actionable communication plans to support business objectives.
- Ensures successful internal collaboration and integration in leading companywide communications projects, CEO and executive communications, benefits and HR program communications, change management and crisis-related communications. This includes overall message positioning, program integration and timing as well as collaborating with project owners in other departments and communication professionals across the company.
- Responsible for overseeing the content strategy and development for various internal communications channels including U Central intranet for desktop and mobile, The Rundown (weekly employee newsletter), high-level employee events, and employee-facing videos.
- Leads one full-time professional directly and serves as part of the SVP Corp. Communications’ senior team in managing, motivating, evaluating and hiring for the Corp Comm staff.
- Recommends, approves, hires and/or directs outside resources, including agencies, freelancers, and others, as needed.
- BS/BA degree, preferably in a marketing or communications-related discipline.
- Generally, 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications, public affairs, employee communications or related areas, including experience in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and comfort level working with senior level leaders day-to-day.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing, and managing internal communications and executive communications strategies
- Experience with managing intranet, social and mobile communications platforms
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to write and communicate in a clear and persuasive manner. Bi-lingual skills in Spanish a plus.
- Effective at interacting and building relationships at all levels within a matrixed organization
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a strong sense of narrative and storytelling
- Self-driven individual with ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Influence/People Leadership: be able to lead by influence, working effectively with department leaders and senior executives in accomplishing their goals. Requires a proven track record leading change initiatives and excellent process management skills.
- Must be willing to work from offices in Miami, FL
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- Must be willing to submit a writing sample for consideration