Community Engagement & Volunteer Services Manager
- Full Time
Join a marketing and communications team whose work has been recognized by AdWeek, Fast Company, the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (Webby Awards) and PR Daily, among others. Our team thrives on innovative approaches to engage volunteers and constituents to bring its cause to life in arresting and inspiring ways. Join a team who leaves everyday knowing that the work they do is helping to save lives.
- Develops an understanding and uncovers insights about the respective communities served and their perceptions of organ and tissue donation. Unearths the donation-specific groups within a given community (e.g. recipient support groups) and an understanding of the key influencers within that community.
- Develops strong relationships with key community influencers/groups and develops strategies that compel those influencers to contribute to activating the cause.
- Contributes to the development of a vision for individual community programs that drive awareness, engagement, and enrollment (e.g. voter registration, high school education, naturalization).
- Sets goals for, and monitors performance of, community programs. Adjusts program execution based on performance.
- Recruits, trains, motivates and retains volunteers via new and existing sources. Develops and executes creative approaches to inspire prospects to volunteer with LiveOnNY. Oversees the development and execution of annual volunteer celebration/recognition event.
- Allocates volunteers to fully utilizes strengths (strong speakers for media/presentations, strong sales/tabling for drives…).
- Shares information with donor families about the volunteer program, and when appropriate, sensitively transitions donor families to volunteers.
- Maintains a current and accurate volunteer database using SalesForce.
- Serves as a leader in the development and execution of annual department strategies.
BA required, preferably in marketing, public administration or personnel administration. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of five years of progressive volunteer services experience with a minimum of two years of volunteer management. Three years of community development/relations or business development experience strongly preferred.