Social Media Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
Do you want to fight polluters, defend environmental protections, and advocate for climate progress? Do you want to be on the frontlines of the environmental resistance, working every day to defend against President Trump’s environmental assaults?
We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced social media expert to fill this critical role on our growing social media team. As one of NRDC’s two social media editors, you’ll create and deploy content that advocates for climate action, supports NRDC-crafted solutions, and inspires our community of supporters to take action. We need someone who can identify opportunities and innovative ways to communicate awareness and solutions to the world’s toughest environmental problems.
Deep knowledge our issues and work is a plus, while expertise with the social platforms is a must. You’ll share responsibilities to manage or contribute to NRDC’s social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and Medium.
As part of NRDC’s Communications Department, you’ll collaborate with our campaigns, marketing, and media relations teams to create content designed to motivate activists, achieve policy goals, grow membership, and increase our reach and influence.
- Serve as the primary social media contact for many NRDC program teams working on topics such as environmental justice, food waste, climate change, wildlife conservation, transportation, clean air and water, health and other environmental issues.
- Create content for NRDC’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Medium and LinkedIn accounts, with some assistance on Instagram and Snapchat, as needed
- Monitor breaking news and social conversation, crafting creative and responsive social media messages and memes that illuminate key NRDC positions in real time
- Monitor national and international environmental and climate news to inform social content
- Provide strategic social media guidance and project management support for advocacy campaigns, including project intake, scheduling, launch/execution, and quality control
- Increase NRDC’s audience size and engagement metrics
- Live tweet big news events like speeches, election results, protests, and other shared cultural milestones with an NRDC-infused point of view
- Produce live social media coverage of on-the-ground events, such as marches, protests, conferences or other relevant events
- Work with colleagues to develop and execute strategies for promotion and awareness of major reports, court decisions, and other public education and engagement opportunities
- Expand NRDC’s thought leadership by monitoring NRDC’s staff and programmatic social channels, amplifying compelling content
- Create and deliver training presentations for NRDC staff on various social media channels and tactics
- Organize and manage live events and public interaction via social streams, such as Instagram Live, Facebook Live, Reddit AMAs or Snapchat and Instagram Stories
- Review, monitor, collect and report analytics data for key social media accounts
- Monitor social media industry news and trends to find new opportunities or challenges
- Willingness to travel, cover some weekends and holidays as needed
- Bachelors degree or greater
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a social media or engagement role, preferably at a news organization, political campaign, nimble nonprofit, or agency that requires rapid response capability
- The ability to work under intense pressure, in high-stakes situations
- Excellent writing skills with a knack for distilling stories into short, compelling copy for a digital audience
- The ability to understand and adopt NRDC’s “voice” (light touch, conversational tone, highly accessible, pop culture-infused, smart but not snotty)
- Strong strategic and tactical editorial skills, honed by previous experience
- Hands-on experience with social media data tools such as Google Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Bitly, Sprout Social and Tweetdeck
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and shifting requests
- Familiarity with creating and launching geo-targeted and paid social media campaigns
- Experience working effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time, and identify resources for projects as needed
- Experience organizing and managing live online events, such as Facebook Live, Reddit AMA, Twitter Q&A’s, etc.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit the link provided and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org