Senior Video Producer
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Senior Video Producer reports to the Director of Video and is responsible for the production of cutting-edge, award-winning videos for the Human Rights Campaign; videos that will change hearts and minds and move the LGBTQ community towards full equality. The Senior Video Producer will work on a variety of coverage, including rapid response videos, political ads, animations, political rallies, field actions, viral videos, studio-based productions, narrative docs, and long-term series. The Senior Video Producer should have excellent storytelling skills, unlimited ideas, advanced technical skills and be an excellent team player. The Senior Video Producer will value the aesthetics of filmmaking, yet understand the dynamics and short-form storytelling of social media video.
- Create award-winning, socially shareable videos in support of HRC’s mission, from conception to delivery, including shooting, lighting, editing, graphics, sound, and other post-production elements;
- Pitch creative ideas that promote and market HRC’s mission while pulling on people’s heartstrings;
- Elevate the standards and quality of HRC’s overall video aesthetic;
- Produce live events through livestreams and real-time captures;
- Propose new ideas on how to use a studio to create compelling, high-production, viral videos;
- Along with video team leads, manage video requests and help establish project timelines;
- Adapt schedules and projects accordingly in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with multiple organizational priorities;
- Work to streamline HRC’s editing and shooting process to create an efficient and seamless process from the beginning of a project to completion;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Film (or equivalent work experience) plus at least five years in real-world video production.
- Exceptional portfolio of video projects exhibiting a mastery of skills from concept to completion.
- Willingness to be a team player with a positive attitude, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and focus on follow-up.
- Experience working in the field, filming in a variety of locations, while problem solving everything from logistics to equipment issues.
- Advanced experience using Adobe Creative Cloud products including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and others.
- Advanced experience shooting with large format cameras with interchangeable lenses.
- Advanced motion graphics experience, whether creating graphics from scratch in After Effects or tweaking preconceived templates.
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders, being calm under pressure, and managing a diversity of opinions on each project.
- Strong skills with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), and social media.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Flexibility with work schedule as this position involves evening and weekend work.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights required.
*Please submit a link to your portfolio of work in the cover letter or resume, explaining your role in the production of each video (filming, editing, scripting, mixing, etc.).*
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.