- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a digital editor for its Mansion section who can help showcase multimillion-dollar homes and tell the stories behind them. Opportunities abound for creative digital interactives—sortable spreadsheets, before-and-after photo overlays, video enhancements and curated slideshows are just a few.
- Schedule, package and publish Mansion articles for online platforms and manage the Real Estate landing page on WSJ.com. The digital editor will work closely with The Wall Street Journal's home page editors to surface Mansion content and optimize web traffic.
- Produce a weekly newsletter in conjunction with the Journal’s real-estate bureau.
- Oversee the popular House of the Day slideshow and weekly poll. The role includes vetting real-estate pitches for consideration, assigning them to two freelance writers and editing the stories before publication.
- Promote Mansion content on social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Flipboard and Instagram.
- Help develop advanced digital elements, including video, AR and VR.
- Track web traffic using the Parse.ly data-metrics tool and produce regular reports for editors, helping them to tailor content for both print and mobile audiences.
Candidates should have at least 3-5 years of digital editing experience, including experience writing engaging web headlines and social language. The ability to promptly publish scoops on celebrity home sales and listings is essential. An interest in next-generation interactive tools and new methods of storytelling is a plus.
Fluency in PhotoShop and WordPress are a plus, and the candidate will be required to master proprietary publishing software and apps (Méthode, Campaign Monitor, polling tool and photo archive/cropping tool).
The digital editor will report to the editor of Mansion.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15352