Producer, Weekend Nightly News
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of production of Nightly News segments including casting, booking, writing, graphics, and producing both taped segments and live shots Crash breaking news taped pieces and live shotsOversee and manage production team (in-house and in the field)Pitch and develop original story ideas Book and coordinate live guests
As a Producer for Weekend Nightly News, you will work directly with Senior Producers and Associate Producers to create original news content, for broadcast and digital platforms.
• Must have at least five years’ editorial experience working in production at the network level, preferably with evening television
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must be able to shoot and edit
• Must be proficient in social media
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong storytelling ability
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.