Front End Developer - ONSITE - Freelance / possible full time
- Full Time
Position: Front End Developer - ONSITE - Freelance / possible full time
Location: Long Island
Estimated Duration: Possible Full Time
Starts: ASAP / early January
Our client is an award-winning full service, integrated agency based in Syosset, Long Island. They are currently seeking a freelance Front-End Developer to help their team out.
This role has the potential to turn into a full time role for the right fit.
The Front End Developer will be:
- Developing and providing coding for responsive sites (desktop and mobile) for a range of clients
- Assisting with cross browser testing
The Front-End Developer has:
- Extensive JS experience in developing interactive web applications
- Responsive experience working on both desktop and mobile
- Knowledge of the WCAG requirements and believe that accessible websites should be the norm, not the exception.
- Proficiency with valid, standards-compliant, cross-browser code
- Experience with ADA / WCAG 2.0 guidelines and best practices for accessible development is highly desired. If you don't have these skills, this can be trained
- Experience with SASS and CSS compilers like Codekit
- Experience with responsive grid frameworks like Bootstrap
- Expertise in responsive layout, mobile device optimization, and cross-browser testing
- Experience with Mercurial version control
- A good sense of design and an eye for detail
- A positive, collaborative attitude and love working with a team but is self-motivated
- High level of self-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Experience with Jira and Agile development principles
- Experience developing web-based data visualizations using JS frameworks such as D3.js, Highcharts, Highmaps
- Experience with GIS mapping software, GeoJSON map files and developing web-based interactive maps
- Experience integrating PHP (bonus if you've worked with Twig templates, Drupal and the Symfony framework)
This is a freelance role that starts immediately and has the potential to turn into a full time position for the right hire.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.