- Full Time
- The WSB-TV Multi-Platform producer’s main responsibility will be to take charge of our weekly Bulldogs Gameday program to ensure the continuation of our exceptional shooting, writing, editing and social media/digital efforts required to continue the station’s strong and lengthy partnership with the University of Georgia.
- The Multi-Platform producer will be required to act as the station’s liaison with UGA as he or she researches, edits and writes the most compelling sports stories tied to the University of Georgia brand.
- This position will require strong local and national sports knowledge. The producer will work closely with the sports director on all projects to ensure an ethically-sound, accurate and balanced approach to sports reporting and producing.
- The ideal candidate must be well-connected with sports figures and authorities in the Atlanta area, be able to schedule and conduct necessary interviews, plus write and produce a sportscast while meeting all deadlines on air and online.
- Minimum of four years line producing in medium to large markets required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in broadcast journalism.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be results-oriented and innovative.
- Ability to use resources efficiently.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.