Social Media Specialist
- Full Time
The Social Media Specialist will be an integral part of the WNET social team, including supporting both station and series social accounts, advancing WNET’s programming priorities and social voice, building content calendars, coordinating delivery of social media assets, publishing day-to-day content and raising awareness of our shows through cross-platform social media content. Specific responsibilities include:
- Write social copy that is on-brand and representative of WNET shows, including creating clear calls to action and conveying marketing and development initiatives.
- Serve as the point person for social media audiences through day-to-day community management.
- Maintain content calendars to optimize posting across all social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Publish content to all social channels using both native platform publishing as well as third-party tools.
- Create social-optimized graphics and other relevant content for various platforms.
- Identify opportunities for social platforms based on key learnings, and propose new ways to optimize as a result.
- Produce and coordinate reports on day-to-day and campaign-based key metrics, in addition to audience engagement and response.
- Identify opportunities for live experiences on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and support planning and production.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a media/digital communications environment successfully using social media to drive business goals
- Proficiency with Facebook Business Manager and all its properties
- Strong copywriting skills, as well as ability to communicate message in brand tone and voice
- Ability to plan and execute paid social campaigns
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work with both internal and external clients
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Candidates with proficiency in Photoshop and Social Studio are preferred.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER