- Full Time
About the Position
The Editorial Director is involved in all editorial aspects of the company, from research and photo sourcing to writing and editing copy. As such, a passion for both lifestyle media and writing is essential. Living and breathing New York City culture is definitely a plus. Our users are looking to explore their city through pulsd - and it’s your job to discover new and exciting ideas and to create a continuous flow of high quality content.
A successful candidate will be able to quickly grasp the pulsd voice and write with natural warmth, narrative polish, and sense of humor. Your workload will be equivalent to that of a fast-paced digital newsroom, so you should be comfortable writing consistently excellent copy on daily, sometimes hourly, deadlines. Therefore, you’re expected to have excellent attention to detail and self-editing ability.
As a team member responsible for the company’s core product (content), you will be an integral part of a fast-growing startup media business. A candidate with a strong sense of motivation, self-direction, and dedication to excellence will thrive in this role.
- Graduate with a bachelor's degree from a leading university or liberal arts college.
- 2-5 years of experience in professional writing/editing or digital media.
- Stylish prose that captures the pulsd brand and resonates with our audience.
- Cultural understanding, from knowing the hottest restaurant, the latest exhibit at the Met, and celebrity news, to creative directors at major fashion houses.
- Comprehension of standard grammar (MLA and/or Chicago).
- Excellent attention to detail and self-editing ability.
- Comfortable command of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Creativity, resilience, and grace under pressure. You have no fear of the writer’s block.
- Strong sense of being a team player.
Competitive base salary, excellent health/dental/vision, free catered breakfast & lunch every day, build your own environment (Mac), commuter savings, happy hours, and of course all the pulsd experiences you like for free!
pulsd is in the business of democratizing fun.
Over 300,000 New Yorkers use pulsd every month to discover the very best of their city. We know living in New York City can be financially challenging, so we unearth the best that the city has to offer - for less. Whether it’s access to the best free events (sample sales, open bars, launch parties) or making paid experiences more affordable (exclusive pricing on restaurants, spas, events, galas etc), we enable New Yorkers to live above their pay grade.
In addition to partnering the likes of Madison Square Garden, Union Square Hospitality Group, TAO Group, Sushi Nakazawa, The New York Times & The Bowery Hotel, we work with select high-end venues on promotions that run year-round. Pulsd has been covered by many prestigious media publications over the years including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, CBS New York & others.
Our office is in the heart of SoHo - an area of the city which we believe is synonymous with the culture that we are trying to build.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.