- Full Time
- Craft relevant, energetic, important and memorable newscasts
- Develop graphic for production by Design Department
- Write Opens, Stories, and Teases
- Assign stories to anchors, writers, and editors for scripting, production and timing
- Consult with Director, Anchor, other Producers, and Managers on production needs
- Work in the Control Room during broadcast to oversee presentation and changes in format
- Understand and effectively use all platforms
- Other duties may be assigned
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in local TV news is preferred
- Prior news management experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.