Multimedia Content Video Producer
- Full Time
Job Description: The Multimedia Content & Video Producer will be responsible for assigned projects as well as playing a key role including writing and video production across all DawgNation.com platforms. These projects may be related to key sponsored content sections, off-site sales & marketing events, special online projects which create new revenue streams and various internal and external video production assignments. This person will work with all DawgNation staff to help fill in where needed (cover vacation times) as well as be responsible for assigned content series. This person will assist with back editing for other writers, be the point person for the DawgNation App and assist in SEO related content. The ideal candidate is one who searches for solutions, one who is willing to help in all situations, one who is nimble and willing to go above and beyond to help take DawgNation.com to the next level. Limited travel will be necessary, up to 25% during football season.
• Report and write on assigned topics as directed by Sr. Director/DawgNation
• Fill in for other DawgNation writers while they are out
• Assist with breaking news content and distribution
• Assist other writers with distribution of content across alerts/social media
• Responsible for seeking out viral content
Video Production (35%)
• Responsible for assisting video production team with all shows
• Responsible for in-field photography/videography
• Responsible for all sales related video production
• Originate video content on assigned topics
• Report back to Sr. Director/DawgNation on video equipment resource needs
Field Operations (10%)
• Main point person for in-field operations including game days in Athens, special event coverage in Athens or assigned territory
• Assist recruiting writer when video operations is needed
• Assist beat team when video operations is needed
• Assist sales team when video operations is needed
• Train team members on best practices as needed (SEO posting, video operations, App production, etc)
• Main person responsible for distribution methods (social media distribution, alert notifications, etc)
• When necessary, be available to fill in as a DawgNation expert on video
• Maintain site upkeep (homepage)
• Assist on all special assignments
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; relative experience may be substituted.
• Minimum 3 years in media sales organization with documented performance of exceeding performance objectives
• Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work in a high-paced, results driven organization all while working collaboratively across many departments at the same time
• Above average knowledge of digital technology
• Exceptional problem solver – especially when competing with software and technology
• Above average knowledge of social media including revenue initiatives
• Ability to work independently, making sound business decisions related to achieving stated revenue goals while communicating with your direct manager to discuss strategy and other key issues.
• High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
• Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
• Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
• Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.