Manager, Insights & Measurement
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
To develop a deep understanding of NBC, USA, SYFY & WWE program performance and consumer viewing behavior that illustrates the value of these ad environment to agencies and clientsTo create proof of performance presentations based on TV & Digital campaigns across NBC, USA, SYFY & WWE platforms To partner with key stakeholders in integrated and trade marketing to identify and develop positioning around sales opportunities To work with Research counterparts on the Brand, Progam and Digital teams to leverage internal knowledge and insights for sales purposes To support the development of research-based strategies for expanding commercial innovation across all platformsTo respond to client objectives with solutions that tap into NBCU’s vast resourcesTo leverage the expertise of the broader NBCU Insights & Measurement team to reposition existing media research, support sales initiatives, and inform marketers with distinctive consumer insights that lead to deeper partnershipsTo be an effective presenter and clear communicatorTo be future a forward and proactive partner with cross functional teams to develop innovative approaches to measurementAnd most importantly, to live the values of collaboration and teamwork, operating as One Team across NBCU Insights & Measurement
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years’ experience in TV and/or Digital media research at a media brand, publisher, agency or supplier.
• Strategic thinker who is experienced in partnering with a fast-paced, high performing sales team.
• Candidate must have a good understanding and high interest in the media marketplace, trends and popular culture
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Focused on cultivating and growing strong internal and external relationships.
• Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Act proactively to anticipate and deliver on sales requests and client needs
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to foster positive work environment and develop talent
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in TV and Digital applications and other syndicated research tools (Nielsen - NPower, AdIntel, Lake 5, comScore and Adobe Analytics, GfKMRI etc.)
• Mastery of social media measurement platforms, familiarity with ListenFirst and Nielsen Social a plus
• Familiarity with DOMO and Tableau tools a plus
• Capable of big data analyses, creative storytelling, data visualization and presentation development
• Report to VP, Insights & Measurement in NYC
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to travel to Los Angeles, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
A strategic and creative problem solver who has the ability to identify and develop actionable insights through audience and consumer research. Candidates need to possess business and analytical acumen necessary to interpret and anticipate client needs, understand business implications, and position insights effectively. This individual should have outstanding communication and presentation skills to report findings, engage with clients and across I&M teams to identify ways to measure efficacy of media spend, and proactively influence change within the organization.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.