PR Account Director
- Full Time
The Account Director will be instrumental in managing and developing client programs, strategic planning, media and client relations. He or she will serve as key liaison among client, account team and agency management. The ideal candidate will lead by example, demonstrate keen leadership skills and a mastery of the PR industry. Further, he or she should have public relations agency experience, and a proven track record in leading successful media campaigns.
- Act as primary contact to clients, continually fostering client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource and counselor to clients.
- Manage and delegate responsibilities of daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results.
- Provide strategic guidance to clients and team members on an ongoing basis.
- Motivate team members by promptly reviewing work and providing constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and editing materials particularly presentations, strategic program plans and media strategies.
- Communicate account status to senior agency management regularly.
- Troubleshoot media, team, or strategy problems as they arise; seek senior agency management input when appropriate.
- Strive to develop the best strategic communication and presentation skills possible to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
- Participate and/or lead the development of materials for new business opportunities including timelines, proposals, business decks and case studies; assist in generating new business leads.
- Participate and/or lead brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
- Manage client expectations and assist clients in maximizing relationship with Sharp.
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- At least 8+ years of PR agency, in-house or media/editorial experience
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of developing and mentoring staff
- A demonstrated history of building strong relationships with clients
- A demonstrated history of creative storytelling, securing coverage in print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Experience developing innovative, cohesive, integrated campaigns
- Experience working on inter-agency teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Apply for PR Account Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly