Associate Director, Multimedia
- Full Time
The Associate Director of Multimedia works collaboratively across all divisions of the College to define and develop multimedia strategies that align individual business unit goals with Babson's institutional marketing strategy, with a specific emphasis on building the College's brand and reputation, and driving enrollment. Mixing technical skill, creativity, strategic leadership and best practices, this position is responsible for all phases of multimedia project production and its distribution via Babson's multiple digital marketing channels.
- Set and maintain clear standards and processes for how multimedia content is created, edited, and delivered, as well as establishing predictable timelines for content production and delivery.
- Oversee all aspects of multimedia pre-production, production, and post-production processes including video, audio, and animation.
- Preproduction: Using a story-first mindset, work with campus partners to develop concept; decide what forms of media will be used; collaborate with graphic designers, editors/copywriters, agency managers and account managers to storyboard and script project as needed.
- Production: Oversee capture and/or creation of individual elements that will make up the final product. Manage appropriate resources as required.
- Postproduction: Ensure all media is edited, assembled, tested, and distributed to appropriate digital channels.
- Contribute to department meetings by pitching story ideas that further the Babson brand and drive enrollment in the College's academic programs. Serve as the strategic multimedia lead in all content creation conversations, encouraging partners to identify the right opportunities for video creation.
- Establish and maintain processes and best practices for delivering finalized content to Babson's digital asset management system.
- Serve as primary contact for outside vendors working to create videos on behalf of Babson.
- Provide ongoing leadership, support, and guidance to direct reports, including participating in regular face-to-face meetings, helping set and reviewing annual goals and objectives, identifying areas of opportunity for growth, including but not limited to formal professional development activities.
- Partners with the Director, Content Strategy and Associate Directors, Content Strategy to develop and implement a social media strategy for the College. Specific emphasis on best practices for increasing use of video on Babson's social channels.
- Act as marketing thought leader and educator for campus staff to ensure best practices and standards are being adhered to within the College's marketing efforts.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- At least 6-8 years of related experience, including experience with audio/video production and post-production techniques, and videography and audio recording/editing.
- Proven experience in multimedia creation and development using industry-standard hardware and software including PhotoShop, Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Final Cut Studio, and others.
- In-depth knowledge of optimization techniques for a wide range of delivery options including Web, DVD, Podcasting, Webcasting, and other emerging media.
- Solid understanding of Web design techniques and languages, including HTML, CSS, Flash/Actionscript.
- Experience working with Final Cut Server or other digital asset management systems, including customization and user training as necessary.
- Ability to work closely with creative staff, including editors and graphic designers, to ensure that projects support Babson's strategy while building brand equity; manage Web developers to deliver technically sound solutions.
- Proficient in managing multiple complex jobs and meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills required.
- Provide assistance, when required, in the creation of Babson Web content.
- Stay abreast of rich media techniques and emerging technologies.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with clients at all levels in the College.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Creates an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deals with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciates open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
- Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members.
- Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Occasional evening/weekend work required.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
- N/A UAS Part 107 Certified, Experience with DJI drone flight preferred.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/cmhfb2svyyj7ywfk