Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
· Operate camera, audio and lighting equipment to cover live and taped events
· Respond immediately to breaking news situations and for domestic and overseas assignments that can arise at any time
· Interact with the assignment desk, correspondents, production, control room and acquisition personnel
· Participate in five-network pool assignments at the White House, Capitol Hill and federal agencies
· Minimum 2 years newsgathering experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience in combination of shooting live events, audio and ENG style lighting
Additional Job Requirements
· Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
· Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
· Must be 18 years or greater.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· Must be available to work Saturdays & Sundays as part of the regular weekly schedule and evenings and holidays as required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Audio skills for one-man-band operation to include live remotes for all NBC broadcasts and cable operations
· Audio skills for multi-camera ENG including live remotes for all NBC broadcasts and cable operations
· Experience in multi-camera shoots such as two-camera and three camera interviews, plus excellent lighting skills
· Familiarity with new technologies such as Live U transmission, Go Pro cameras and file sharing camera equipment
· Experience in a network news operation
· Knowledge of NBC News Policies, Guidelines and Practices
· Working knowledge of digital journalism production techniques and technology
· Strong storytelling, editorial, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to work under extreme deadlines
· Familiarity with portable microwave gear
· Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment constituencies (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc)
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Collaborative work style
· Team player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.