Advertising Operations Manager
- Full Time
The ad operations manager collaborates closely with the technology and sales teams to ensure all systems and products function properly. The ad operations manager plays an essential role as a support and coordination layer ultimately responsible for ensuring that all campaigns are thoroughly assessed for feasibility before being accepted by the sales team and then deliver to client expectations following a sale.
In addition to providing technical support and counsel across all internal teams for ad ops-related matters, the ad operations manager will also ensure that our technology stack (including programmatic offerings) is stable, complete, and effective, making recommendations and managing implementation of additional systems or platforms as required.
Digiday Media’s advertising business is nascent, and the successful candidate will thrive in a company where they are our ad ops expert, taking a from-the-ground-up, hands-on approach to this vital area.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Assessing and allocating ad inventory on Digiday Media’s owned properties: Glossy.co, Digiday.com, and associated newsletters.
- Managing both direct and programmatic campaigns to ensure they deliver in full.
- Creating, managing, reviewing, and analyzing client-facing reports
- Working with and advising clients to troubleshoot issues like creative discrepancies, setup, and delivery issues for campaigns.
- Monitoring site content for potential brand safety issues.
- Addressing all creative tag related questions & issues.
- Assessing our programmatic needs and recommending/helping to implement systems to accommodate them.
- Acting as the liaison between technically focused teams and less technical teams and clients.
What we’re looking for:
- 5 years of ad ops experience
- Expert knowledge of DFP
- Working knowledge of programmatic technology
- Experience troubleshooting discrepancies, creative tag setup issues, delivery issues and other issues.
- Extreme attention to detail and solid record-keeping habits.
- Self-motivated and curious; drive to solve problems both reactively and proactively.
- Urgency in completing assignments and addressing “live” situations or in the face of deadlines.