WGCL-TV, a Meredith station is seeking a Photojournalist available to fill in on weekends and occasionally for vacations and/or sick leave. The Photojournalist gathers news for broadcast, web, and other platforms of the future. The incumbent shoots and edits stories. This is a great opportunity to add credentials to a resume and become an internal candidate for future, full time openings.
Essential Job Functions
- Photographs news, weather, and sports materials (including documentaries).
- Performs creative editing of news, weather, and sports materials (including documentaries).
- Sets up and operates lighting equipment.
- Operates ENG van and associated equipment.
- Transmits and records news, weather and sports video and/or audio feeds, including ENG feeds.
- Photographs and edits promotion and public service material.
- Performs limited newsgathering functions.
- Performs minor repairs of ENG equipment and cameras.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Completion of high school, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: Three years of related news experience including operational experience on ENG truck.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong editing and shooting skills.
- Good news gathering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Linear editing and non-linear editing.
- Operate microwave truck.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license and good driving record.
Travel: Primarily local. Non-local travel: <5%.