- Full Time
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a creative Marketing Manager to join our dynamic marketing team. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will formulate and execute annual marketing and promotional plans for PLI programs and publications through a multichannel marketing approach. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships and excellent communications with key staff members (ex. faculty, authors, program attorneys, publishing, production, and IT) to facilitate achieving revenue projections.
This is a rewarding opportunity for someone who is an out-of-the-box thinker with a knack for problem solving and all things marketing.
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, develop effective and measurable member-centric, multi-channel marketing campaigns for assigned PLI programs and publications, on time and within budget.
• Partner with key stakeholders, including program attorneys and legal editors, to develop a deep understanding of program goals and ensure alignment with target segments.
• Develop and execute coordinated nurture campaigns and customer journeys across multiple channels (email, direct mail, social, etc.) in order to uncover the best content and message for each audience in order to drive program registration and book sales.
• Utilize current and historical data and market research to help drive and refine marketing strategies.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on effectiveness of marketing initiatives to develop insights and make recommendations for future planning.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of marketing trends and innovations that will influence how PLI engages with its members and help PLI become more member-centric.
• Write and/or edit campaign emails to ensure high response rates.
• Proofread and provide input on the look and feel of the direct mail and email campaigns to ensure alignment with PLI branding.
• Coordinate marketing initiatives with membership and sales activities, as applicable.
• Adhere to deadlines to ensure that all campaigns are executed by scheduled date.
• Communicate with third party resources to identify promotional opportunities and relationships as well as negotiating marketing partnerships for advertising/insertions/listings to promote publications.
• Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years’ experience with multi-channel marketing (direct mail, email, digital marketing) in a business-to-business environment.
• Knowledge of databases and list segmentation required as well as managing revenue and expense budgets.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Experience working in Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketing Cloud or other marketing automation platforms is required.
• Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Must have strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain and adhere to deadlines while juggling multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
• Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
• PLI contributions to a retirement account
• Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
• Career development opportunities
• Work-life balance initiatives
• A collegial, intelligent and supportive work environment
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website https://www.pli.edu.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1379913