Senior Press Officer, Team Leader
- Full Time
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers dedicated to impacting the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, developing visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the Eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome, on projects ranging from livable large-scale urban developments to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale that endeavor to create a balance between humanity, the city, and the environment.
Current works across Asia, North America and Europe include the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art in Los Angeles, the Nanjing Zendai Himalayas Centre and the China Philharmonic Hall in Beijing and residential complexes in Beverly Hills, Paris and Rome (all under construction), with the large-scale Quzhou sports campus and the Rotterdam Fenix Museum, amongst others, in design development.
For our growing Beijing studio, we are looking for a Senior Press Officer to lead our PR team in building and furthering MAD as a brand.
- You will plan overall publication and exhibition strategies relating to our multiple fields of work, developing our very own ‘branding voice’ and identity.
- You will strategise our visibility throughout various media outlets, inclusive of digital and print publications, and social media, to expand coverage and networks.
- You will streamline the company’s global media presence through consistent and professional graphic representation, expertly written copy, and innovative social media engagement.
- You will identify social media trends and new platforms, oversee the creation of compelling innovative content in all forms, for distribution across worldwide media channels.
- You will be offered the opportunity to take on a key role in the PR development of MAD.
- You are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (Bachelor in Architecture, Communications and Social Media Marketing, or a related major, from an internationally recognized school) and a proactive, positive attitude.
- You have a track record of at least 5 years in-depth involvement in coordinating and managing digital content for a major international architecture firm, or related professional experience in the art and design industry, having demonstrated success in strategising and creating varied media content such as PR packages, social media and website content, videos, etc., and managing internal and external collaborators.
- You combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with clear and precise verbal and written communication skills, are able to develop short and long term strategies, and have extensive experience crafting effective copy and visual narratives.
- You excel in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, enjoy the responsibility of efficiently managing a team through leadership and motivation, are able to prioritise, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills.
- You are highly skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe CS and have a working knowledge of video editing software. English fluency, both written and oral, is a key requirement, with fluency in Mandarin, both written and oral, a plus.
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating studio environment.
We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please email your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB, with examples of copy and visual narrative) via the link provided.
Please indicate ‘Senior Press Officer, Beijing’ in the subject line of your e-mail.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!