Creative Director, Multi-Platform Creative
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
- Highly creative and motivated self starter with a passion for design. This person must have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment and not be afraid to “get their hands dirty” while managing larger projects.
- Reports to SVP, Brand Design the Creative Director will be responsible for the overall “look and feel” of the Oxygen brand across all platforms. This ranges from Off Air Graphics, Key Art, Digital Marketing Creative, Ad Sales fulfillment, Events, and anything else that falls under the Brand Marketing purview.
- This person will leverage in house talent as well as identify and manage outside design agencies.
- He/She will be a key member of the team helping develop the positioning, messaging, and the ongoing visual interpretation and voice of the brand.
- Manage in-house design team, mentor and train-up Jr./Sr. designers.
- Directing the work:
- Maintain quality/brand control for all elements created by Oxygen internal Creative Services team and external partners.
- Work collaboratively with creative, production and strategy teams to conceptualize innovative and execute marketing campaigns.
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with all of our partners, including internal staff, vendors, agencies, talent, and production companies.
- Participate in/lead brainstorming sessions.
- Manage schedules and resources to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Directing the team:
- Directs the activities of subordinates to maintain Oxygen standards of creative excellence while achieving the channel goals.
- Resolves functional conflicts through consultation with direct reports.
- Responsible for guiding a creative team of employees in a motion graphics, on-air promo’s setting. Approves what ideas and concepts go forward to presentation.
- Makes quick decisions under tight deadlines.
- Conceptualize and design Off-Air launch & post launch creative
- Consult on Agency Print and Out-of-Home Campaigns
- Adhere to production schedules
- Meet clients’ deadlines
- Serve as visual keeper of the brand with any manner of design.
- Mentor/Art Direct temp designers or contractors
- Deliver proper digital files according to requirement
- Bachelor's degree required in graphic design, advertising, media or other discipline related to TV and Digital production and primary responsibilities.
- Minimum of 15+ years of demonstrated working experience.
- Experience concepts to print, digital and social media campaigns.
- Proven experience in in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Acrobat, In -Design and Illustrator; QuarkXPress, AfterEffects.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:46239BR )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Expert knowledge of off-air /0n-air promotion production techniques
- Experience innovating on network rebrand campaigns .
- Experience working with talent/show casts on live action shoots.
- Strong Typographic, layout composition and color theory skills.
- Broadcast design agency experience and/or in-house design team at a television network experience is preferred.
- Lifestyle/Entertainment genre based marketing and promotional experience preferred.
- Outstanding design portfolio/reel required.
- Candidate should be equal parts designer and animator, with a great sense of typography and motion.
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues and work with internal Engineering team on hardware/software upgrades.
- Design style and aesthetic sensibilities must be current and forward thinking, and also flexible to suit various marketing and programming genres.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Creative Services team to create on-brand design concepts, with a sense of inclusiveness and open-mindedness.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high-energy environment and remain levelheaded and calm under stress.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and as a team player. Must be highly independent and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have ability embrace constructive feedback.
- Ability to oversee hi-end sophisticated design for motion/broadcast.
- Advanced knowledge of creative process, principles, and best practices in all design mediums.
- Strong concept development; Ability to generate and present creative ideas.
- Expert at executing design projects from concept to completion.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.