Creative Director, Brand Design
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Universal Kids represents the world of NBCUniversal family brands. As a kid-focused ecosystem with great TV content at the center, Universal Kids is programmed for the 2-12 year old audience, with a fresh mix of animated content, unscripted entertainment and proven international hits. Launched in September 2017 and available in over 59 million homes, Universal Kids is available for kids and families across all platforms, including on air, online, On Demand and via mobile with the Universal Kids app.
As a Creative Director, Brand Design on our creative marketing team you will lead the development and execution of multi-platform creative concepts, design and messaging strategies across all consumer’s touch–points for assigned categories and projects, from motion graphics and digital, to experiential, retail and packaging. You are a leader who takes pride in developing talent, presenting to executives and leading by example how to be an effective communicator to get large projects done across the organization. You can direct photo-shoots, direct motion graphics in-house and agencies and know how to roll ideas out cross-platform. This position requires a blend of excellent creative skills, ability to visually interpret complex issues, an interest in strategy and a passion for advancing Universal Kids’ programming ideas and causes.
You will lead part of an in-house Brand Creative team that turns Universal Kids’ strategy and passion for kids into impactful brand communications and experiences. This group ideates, develops and produces superior creative solutions internally and with external creative partners, as needed. In this role, you will be the creative lead for Universal Kids’ brand design to communicate to kids and parents that Universal Kids is a place where kids are “free to grow.”
Who are you?A creative visionary who thrives in a fast-paced, evolving, and at times, ambiguous environment.You're curious and hungry with a passion for creative expression and providing the leadership needed to rally teams to do their best.You're a creative director design leader, driven by big ideas and new ways of inspiring and engaging our communities in a multi-platform environment.One who drives concepts and execution - 360 multi-channel campaigns across on-air graphics, digital media, social, content creation, events and retail.You have a proven track record of leading others, having an opinion, and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in all aspects of leadership, creative planning & strategy, concept development and execution, including motion graphics, art direction, brand design, digital design, print, , photography and video concepts, editing, and production.
• 5 years proven experience creating and delivering concepts that create demand, build brands and drive engagement
• Experience directly leading and influencing teams in all aspects of creative concept development, strategy, planning and execution.
• Must be comfortable in the creative hot seat – able/willing to lead by example to generate powerful creative concepts on an on-going basis, within the team, and across the business.
Translates internal client goals to junior team members
• Provides unique design insights and solutions in collaboration with internal clients, often in real time
• Working knowledge of modern design fundamentals and application across all consumer touch-points.
• Must be comfortable in a collaborative environment where creativity and insights can (and will) come from anywhere, and fresh ideas and concepts are encouraged on a daily basis.
• Drive in the delivery of all aspects of a campaign in order to ensure excellent execution is achieved.
• Technically savvy, including use of graphic, video editing and other software tools.
• Manage teams, time lines, and projects while collaborating across departments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Arts, Advertising, Communication Design or related field.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job#46252BR )
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.