The Quality Assurance Specialist will be required to use standard industry tools to test development of pending applications and digital product from the NBC Sports Digital team as well as monitor the quality of our live, in production, digital product. They will test NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSN) websites, TelemundoDeportes.com, NBCOlympics.com, Rotoworld.com and all associated mobile and OTT/Connected Device applications.
<ul><li>Create test plans for all existing and new projects
<li>Create and perform standard release regression test verification (per platform) to confirm successful code deployments and mobile store submissions
<li>Manage the creation, updates and status of issues detected during review and reported by other project stakeholders
<li>Utilize the NBC Sports Jira Issue Management System to track and manage requests and issue (bug) status
<li>Assist Project Managers and Release Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved for both distribution for owner verification and for final code deployment/ submission
<li>Daily review of development and production environments for NBCOlympics.com from 100 days out until the completion of the Olympics games
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Minimum two (2) years Quality Assurance process and Quality Assurance management tool experience
- Minimum five (5) years of websites support and web applications experience
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and full software development lifecycle experience with web, mobile, connected device and OTT applications
- Familiarity with current popular Connected Device/OTT (tvOS, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, PS4, etc.)
Willingness to travel, work overtime, work weekday nights, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Familiarity with applications supporting video/media playback
- Familiarity with basic product support a plus
- Experience with building test plans and coordinating QA/UAT with functional teams
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverable and projects
- Ability to adapt/adopt new technology and solutions easily
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Have prior experience with desktop, mobile and connected device and OTT development or support
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines, and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with Sports is a plus
- Familiarity with both Manual and automated testing
- Have a passion for digital media platforms and entertainment industries
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadline
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.