Sr. Manager, CNN Integrated Marketing/Content Partnerships
- Full Time
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story?http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Sr. Manager of News Solutions is a member of the pre-sale integrated marketing group focused on the development of strategic cross-platform ad and product solutions and sales marketing collateral that inspires and drives demand for the entire Turner News division including CNN/CNN.com, HLN and Great Big Story. The Sr. Manager will work primarily on CNN Digital (CNNMoney, CNN Politics, CNN Tech, CNN Travel, etc.) and CNN brand across the entire ecosystem with potential to collaborate on pitches for HLN and Great Big Story. The Sr. Manager of News Solutions will work directly with Account Executives and their VPs on client-specific requests to create original, industry-leading pitch presentations that deliver on clients' business objectives/priorities. This person will be responsible for leading the development of larger-scale, ground-breaking, revenue-driving, digital marketing campaigns, helping Turner push the boundaries of what's possible in today's evolving world of branded content and media. The Sr. Manager will report into a Senior Director and will also work directly with VPs and SVPs of Sales and Content Partnerships as needed. For more information about the CP News team, check out: turnerignite.com/news
What You'll Do:
The News Solutions Senior Manager will work directly with Account Executives as well as senior sales leaders to develop linear, digital and cross-platform custom marketing solutions for RFP responses, proactive pitches and key meetings. Their role will be to quarterback the strategy and development of each pitch, coming to the table with insights and ideas to shape the overall direction and development of the narrative. He/she will be responsible for working on complex & high value pitches and may be assigned ad categories as well. - He/she will be responsible for crafting clear, concise, best-in-class proposals that leverage data, insights, and custom ad solutions to position the News brands' content and platforms to deliver on clients' marketing objectives - He/she should be well-versed in translating client objectives into creative solutions and should ALWAYS look to push the envelope. He/she should also be entirely comfortable with creating non-standard decks from scratch with little guidance. - He/she will lead brainstorms and meetings, adding value by bringing new ideas to the table, asking questions and pushing innovation throughout the marketing process from brainstorm and approvals to overall proposal writing and pitching to clients. He/she will partner with sales to ensure delivery of best-in-class work. - He/she may be pulled in to work with Senior Director and Content Partnerships counterparts to develop sales marketing collateral such as: brand positioning, new opportunity decks, category decks, content packaging, ad product positioning, case studies, etc. playing an active role from beginning to end. - The Sr. Manager will also help to guide managers/coordinators on the team, providing feedback and direction on their work. - On a daily basis, he/she will work closely with counterparts within the organization including, but not limited to: activation, content strategy, brand studio, design, sales and research to gather information, approvals, mocks and details in order to build strategic presentations. - The Sr. Manager will also be responsible from time to time with helping to manage workflow, contribute ideas, gather assets, and write elements of larger, high profile or complex projects and presentations alongside Sr. Director/VP/SVP as needed. - The Sr. Manager should actively identify business challenges and seek out unique solutions and ideas to bring to CNN/HLN/GBS, sharing with the broader Content Partnerships team. - The Sr. Manager may directly manage and/or indirectly advise junior-level team members, including Coordinators and Managers. - He/she may support Director/Sr. Director and other senior leaders with additional requests as needed.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 5-7 years media or integrated marketing experience at a media company, agency or brand with an emphasis on custom marketing solutions. Strong digital background a MUST.
- Love the pitch process and ideating; love developing narratives to support a concept; excited by the prospect of solving a brand's marketing needs
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills and keen understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives. - Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Expertise in digital with strong understanding of social, emerging. Informed perspective on the overall media landscape, trends, consumption habits, and challenges. Knowledge of TV capabilities a plus. - Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative; creative problem solver
- Expertise in PowerPoint, strong understanding of Keynote and other Microsoft Office or presentation products. - Strong aesthetic / design ability a huge plus.
- Intrinsic curiosity and interest in the News marketplace and cross-screen media consumption. - Ability to quickly learn and adopt to internal tracking systems and procedures.
- Upbeat, can-do, proactive attitude, with calm under pressure and a sense of humor.
- Driven to create and innovate!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.