Contract Resume Writer or Editor—will train great writers
- Are you looking for work that allows you to make a difference?
- Do you have a passion for writing/editing and helping people?
- Do you want to sharpen your marketing writing skills as you earn while part of a world-class team?
Your Edge for Success YES is looking for you! Our woman-owned business needs two part-time, work-from-home resume writers or editors to join our team as a direct result of growth. YES provides comprehensive, personalized services to help make people's career dreams come true. Our exceptional team is the reason YES is DC metro’s top-rated writing and career coaching company on review sites (5-star rated on Yelp if you count the hidden reviews, A rated on Angie’s List, 4.9 star rated on Google, and A+ rated at the Better Business Bureau).
- Work with clients via Internet or phone to come up with additional quantified accomplishments and other details to include on resume (after they have filled out an extensive form).
- Identify and incorporate keywords from job listings for which they will apply.
- Draft resumes (both regular and federal), cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles for assigned clients in all career fields.
- Follow YES templates and instructions precisely.
- Edit resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles.
- Stellar writing skills to be a writer
- One year of experience as an editor with final responsibility before going to press or sending deliverables to clients to be an editor
- Superior attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Professional interpersonal communication skills and coachability
- Top organizational skills and reliability
- Strong knowledge of MS Word
- Willingness to commit to working with us for at least one year
- Availability for at least 15 hours a week
- Openness to a position that does not have guaranteed hours/work
- Experienced in crafting resumes and cover letters that get interviews
- Strong understanding of different occupations, especially information technology
- Familiarity with the Washington-area employment scene (government, government contracting, nonprofits, lobbying, associations, etc.)
- You will be part of a small, family-run business that is, in the words of a recent employee, “very rewarding” to work in.
- You will have a role of key importance.
- You will make a difference in people’s lives every day and feel amazing when you help us earn a five-star review from a grateful client who got a job with your help.
- You will become a world-class writer/editor through practice, training, and feedback.
Your Edge for Success YES LLC values inclusion and welcomes applications by diverse candidates to join our team, which includes staff with roots in Africa, West Asia, Latin America, and Europe. We love other kinds of diversity as well!
Please address your cover note to Ms. Katherine Akbar, president. Please refrain from emailing us through the website or calling. I will get back to you either way.