Social Media Copywriter
- Full Time
TURNER, a full-service public relations, social media, content and digital communications agency specializing in travel and lifestyle brands, is seeking a Social Copywriter to join our digital team in New York City.
At TURNER, we’ve built our business around innovative brands. With a 20+-year history launching wellness, fashion, outdoor and travel campaigns, our passion translates to trusted relationships and outstanding results. Named by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, we are the niche agency that speaks to each of our core audiences with equal authenticity, because we come from inside the industries we represent. We’re relentless about strategy and smart engagement. We capitalize on our clients’ brand positioning, helping to broaden consumer awareness and cement their future.
Our national footprint consists of offices in New York, Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media. The latest hashtags, the freshest memes, the newest trends – they’re all in your arsenal. As TURNER’s Social Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for ongoing social content and campaigns in the travel and lifestyle spheres. The role requires a winning combo of quick-wittedness and long-term strategic thinking, as you develop timely concepts and consistently high-quality content across an array of social media platforms. Strong writing skills are a must as well; just because it’s on Instagram doesn’t mean the rules of grammar go out the window. Finally, you’ll need the ability to communicate effectively with TURNER’s in-house creative team, our clients and relevant target audiences. Because in the end, it’s all about communicating.
- Write and produce engaging social content and campaigns across various social networks for multiple brands
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on target audience behavior
- Ensure that brand guidelines and messaging directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions
- Work collaboratively with digital and PR team members, as well as clients, to develop strong integrated campaigns
- Execute writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, facts were confirmed)
- Work autonomously on short and longform content assignments, at times with tight deadlines
- Contribute to online community management efforts
- Respond to all requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner
- Edit and proofread material as demand and scheduling requires
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the travel, lifestyle and social media landscapes, including brands, trends and influencers
- A digital portfolio
- A degree; English, Creative Writing, or other relative field preferred
- A demonstrated passion for and mastery of social media.
- 1-2 years related experience writing and producing engaging social content and campaigns across various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; agency experience preferred
- Ability to generate new and unique content ideas on a weekly basis
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, knowledge of the best ways to engage viewers, and a sense of how to tell a powerful story in a short amount of time
- Flawless spelling and grammar; able to proofread at a high level with little to no errors.
- Ability to handle quick turnarounds and a fast-paced social media schedule
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innate curiosity
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
- Commitment to excellence, working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with tact and diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
Nice to Haves (if you happen to check any of these boxes, please let us know)
- Experience in the industries we represent: travel, lifestyle, fashion, outdoor, wellness, etc.
- Ability to concept engaging images and write video scripts (both short and long form)
- Experience being client-facing and able to network with other industry professionals; the ability to explain and present your creative work in a compelling way
- Creative skills outside of writing; photography, design, video editing, drawing, painting, etc.
- Experience managing influencer programming
- Bilingual skills (please share what level)
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and any additional information you think is valuable via the link provided.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.
TURNER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.