- Full Time
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
• Create & post updates to social media platforms, primarily Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as directed by digital producers (the social media platforms may change as technology evolves).
• Assist digital producers by writing copy for kiro7.com.
• Post photos, videos and other assets to kiro7.com using digital Content Management System.
• Assist any newsroom employee as requested.
• Communicate with all KIRO employees, viewers and clients in a positive, helpful and professional manner.
• Operate the teleprompter for newscasts, promos and cut-ins.
• Follow along with Anchor read to adjust the prompter accordingly.
• Keep prompter workplace clear and running
• Alert Engineers immediately to any issues
• Make sure the anchor tablets are charged before a show and plugged in after a show.
• High School Diploma (required).
• Prior experience working in collaboration with others to achieve results.
• Strong communication skills.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.