Sr. Designer, SYFY
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
SYFY is currently searching for a full-time Senior Designer to join our team in New York City office. As a cross media designer at SYFY, you will report to the Creative Director / Design, but will have the opportunity to work closely with team of Creative Directors, producers and other team members to create design system that support SYFY brand centric content across different media platform. Although there is a strong emphasis on conceptual design in print and digital media (key art development, press kit design, ideate concept for photo shoot to digital marketing campaign). But the scope of works extend beyond static design and most often translate into motion and experiential event design. It’s an opportunity to work on a wide range of projects for a multi facet genre brand.
The ideal candidate should be an expert in using Adobe Creative Cloud design package include Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator. Working knowledge of After Effects and/or Premiere to produce dynamic motion graphics is a big plus but not require. The ideal candidate is a talented visual storyteller, second in nature to collaborate with others, be proactive and free to voice his/her opinion in a positive manner, strive to push quality, creativity and storytelling to deliver impactful design to help launch high profile marketing campaign and promote SYFY original programming.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Motion Graphics or equivalent qualification
• Proven design and typography skills are required
• Great oral and written communication skills are required
• An overall understanding of the pop culture entertainment, television media and/or advertising industry is preferred.
• Proven creative skills in utilizing, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator on finished projects.
• Knowledge in Adobe After Effects, cinema 4D and Premiere software is a plus.
• Knowledge of latest technical trends with respect to film, video, graphic.
• Expertise and versatility across all delivery platforms.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a time sensitive, high-pressure environment is essential
• Must be a team player, we are a group of passionate creative people who collaborate in team structure on daily bases.
BFA degree in graphic design or equivalent.
*Links to online portfolios should be included on resumes submitted in order to be considered for this position
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.