MANAGER, DIGITAL EDITORIAL & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Full Time
New York City Ballet (NYCB) is seeking a strong writer/editor for the position of Manager, Digital Editorial & Social Media to join a fast-paced digital team within the Company’s Marketing & Media department. Position will play a key role in supporting the marketing goals of NYCB, helping to shape the editorial & social strategy across all of NYCB’s digital platforms to further the institutional brand and promote the Company’s annual Lincoln Center season, as well as touring activities nationally and internationally. The position will work closely with all members of the department to contribute to cultivating and engaging audiences, and meeting revenue goals. Reports to Director, Digital Content & Development; supervises: Coordinator, Social Media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in tandem with the Director, Digital Content & Development in the creation and execution of an annual digital editorial strategy for NYCB’s website (nycballet.com), social media platforms (currently Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo), and e-newsletter/zine to communicate Company narratives, promote seasonal activities, deepen the engagement of existing patrons/followers, and develop new patrons/followers
- Steward the creation, as both writer and editor, of all content required for digital efforts including writing, art/photography selection, and production trafficking; leveraging the work of internal and freelance writers and photographers, following the lead of the Director, Creative Services on all visual and design needs
- Serve as editor of the Company’s e-newsletter/zine
- Oversee, with the support of the Coordinator, Social Media, the building of annual social media content calendar, and the creation and timely roll-out of all social content.
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of written content across the nycballet.com homepage with the Manager, Digital Projects
- Build and maintain subject matter knowledge in all facets of the organization, including company history, artists, and programming/repertory
- Work with the digital team, other Marketing & Media teams, and internal clients to develop digital storytelling across all platforms via a quarterly cross-departmental editorial meeting
- Ensure that all materials meet the highest standards of excellence and comply with NYCB’s style, branding and messaging goals and policies.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of email deployment platform
- Conduct best practices research regarding email marketing, keeping abreast of the latest trends
- Support the Manager, Digital Projects to QA season builds and on sales, upgrades, and new project launches, ensuring that NYCB business rules are being followed
- Serve as department proofreader
- Maintain an organized archive of work/assets for future reference
- Assist with other department activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2+ years’ overseeing digital editorial operations
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Extensive editorial experience, including writing (feature, copy, social), copyediting, and proofreading with ability to compose in own voice, as well as that of brand
- Proven track record of successfully managing staff and freelancers
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Organized, detail oriented, and deadline driven
- Reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills in working with internal clients/stakeholders
- A demonstrated interest in the arts/culture a must, ballet and/or in NYCB a plus
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Please send resume with cover and a variety of writing sample(s),
by email only
with “Manager, Digital Editorial & Social Media” in the subject line.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.