Social Media Coordinator
- Full Time
Fashion Institute of Technology - Social Media Coordinator
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, part of the State University of New York (SUNY) located in Chelsea New York City, invites applications for a Social Media Coordinator in our Communications and External Relations Department.
The Social Media Coordinator reporting to the Executive Director of Media and Public Relations will help to plan, curate, manage, and implement content in support of an institutional social media strategy. The coordinator will engage with others working in the social media space across the college in order to leverage activity and messages across channels. The Coordinator will collaborate with others in CER to advise and identify social media opportunities that communicate the vision and strategic plan of the college.
- Manage the implementation of the college's overall social media channels
- Content planning scheduling, posting, monitoring, managing and communicating campaigns
- Regular review of website and social media metrics data using tools like Google Analytics and social media account statistics
- Identify and report on trends and outcomes, and opportunities for additional engagement
- Support the editorial process by working with the communications team to share digital stories effectively across platforms and develop original content for social media and digital initiatives, including video, aimed at multiple audiences
- Size and optimize photos for social media posts, websites, and other digital channels using Photoshop and other digital software tools
- Conceptualize, plan, shoots, and edit short video stories for social media using Adobe and related video and audio software to produce videos
- Speak publicly as a thought-leader on the college's social media strategy, tactics, upcoming campaigns, review and share outcomes
- Continually identify opportunities for broader campus engagement around social media and the sharing of experience, knowledge, goals/objectives, and social media standards and policies
- Track and provide training to campus constituencies on social media best practices and integration of social media into college and departmental communications and marketing
- Identify issues developing on social media and escalate as necessary to other communications staff and college leadership
- Serve on and offer guidance to the college's emergency response team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of at least three years progressive professional experience in social media, preferably in higher education, arts and cultural organizations, community centers or nonprofit environments
- Demonstrated experience managing a large organization's social media presence, including experience with social media planning, strategy, tactics, tools, and monitoring
- Experienced writer, editor, and proofreader with strong news sense, excellent storytelling skills, mastery of grammar, and punctuation
- Adept at identifying and writing engaging content
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple requests and college happenings (news, announcements, events) and deploy in a timely manner
- Experience working with graphics; ability to identify strong photography and other types of images for use in social media platforms
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Suite programs for web, photo, video, and audio such as Photoshop, Fireworks, Premiere, along with office applications Word and Excel and Google documents
- Demonstrated experience using a wide range of social media platforms professionally
- In-depth knowledge of current social media platforms, dashboards (like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck), and the metrics to base ROI to leverage FIT's social media channels
- Highly attuned ability to identify and develop innovative content that will engage FIT's community and public at large
- Formulate social media plans based on performance-based metrics and analysis of previous campaigns and that addresses FIT's strategic goals.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when appropriate for either events or emergency communications
- Punctual, dependable, and enthusiastic about working in a highly creative educational environment
Department: Communications and External Relations
Supervisor: Executive Director, Media and Public Relations
Days/Hours: 35 hrs/wk; Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
Salary: Schedule 94/0
FIT offers a generous benefits package for full time employees including free healthcare, life insurance, long -term disability, 8% match to retirement plan, tuition exemption, vacation, sick days and personal days.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding their application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.