- Full Time
As a part of the Office of External Affairs, the Publishing group helps raise RAND's profile by contributing to the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of RAND, our work, and our people through the development and publication of research and outreach products, such as books, corporate collateral, summaries, perspectives, data visualizations, and presentations. The Publishing group has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Artist to join the team in the Santa Monica office.
Graphic Artists create templated to highly complex graphic artwork, presentations, conference material, book covers, flyers, programs, brochures, and other outreach and event collateral using best graphic arts practices and standards. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing illustrative material such as presentation slides, data charts, graphs, and illustrations from author-produced digital artwork, rough sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Maintaining quality of products/assignments with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Using computer-based tools to format and prepare data charts and figures for reports and other publications, which conform to established quality standards.
- Preparing files ready for web publishing and digital printing.
- Creating digital files for placards, name cards, programs, badges, and other collateral material to support events and maintains quality through print and delivery.
- Developing interpretive and illustrative themes and concepts as needed to convey ideas and information; determines and procures appropriate icons, symbols, and images for use in the composition of charts, illustrations, and presentations.
- Assisting with efficient workflow and scheduling by coordinating with clients, editors, production, and other teams to determine illustration objectives and translates into graphic terms.
- Acting as project manager on some small projects and works with production editors, designers, web producers, and printers to ensure quality.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of alternative production techniques and resources and supporting image and brand recognition requirements
A BA/BS in a related field is required.
Three years of experience of relevant experience is required for this position.
Successful candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Santa Monica (CA)
Please include a URL for your online portfolio in your cover letter.
RAND is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity