Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
- Write and adapt broadcast television material for digital, working closely with WPXI's news department to ensure continuity with Channel 11 News coverage.
- Create significant, original, locally focused stories for WPXI's digital platforms -- this content, in some cases, will be gathered and/or produced from the field.
- Create engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites that draw eyeballs to digital and to television.
- Participate in the creative development, technical implementation and curation of online content for the website and related digital platforms.
- Work collaboratively with other newsroom personnel, marketing, programming and sales departments to seamlessly syndicate content, growing audience engagement and interaction on television and online.
Qualifications:A minimum of 3 years combined professional experience in web/social media, print or broadcast journalism is required. A degree in journalism or related field is also preferred. Serious candidates should have a strong writing background with knowledge of Associated Press style. A proven track record with content management systems, Facebook, Twitter, other social media platforms, analytics, non-linear video editing and basic HTML.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.