Associate Digital Editor Temp - Performance Brands & Partners
Leaf Group is looking for an Associate Digital Editor Temp to help us crush online content creation from our Santa Monica, CA office.
The Associate Digital Editor is responsible for ensuring the quality of our content across all digital platforms. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with a keen eye for details and copy editing savvy. This person must have a strong editorial and writing background. This is a temp role starting at 32 hours a week.
Our Performance Brands & Partners (PBP) business oversees 55+ of our most promising new web sites. This is an opportunity to not only impact the editorial quality of each site, but also to play a pivotal role in the growth trajectory of the sites.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service and who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To:
- Sr. Operations Manager, Media
Works Closely With:
- Performance Brands & Partners Editorial Team
- SEO & Analytics Team
A typical day as an Associate Digital Editor might include:
- Support editorial, analytics and SEO staff with editorial initiatives.
- Oversee quality assurance initiatives from title changes to freelance writer audits to competitor landing page analysis to article relevancy audits and more.
- Help identify editorial trends and implement new content strategies aimed at improving content quality. Have a “test and iterate” mindset that will drive you to try multiple tactics to increase all KPIs.
- Research a broad range of subjects to create specialized content requirements for SEO-performance verticals.
- Add in-text hyperlinks to related articles and credible resources .
- Perform other editorial tasks and projects as necessary to support business objectives, including editing and writing new content, if necessary.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, English, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of editorial, copy editing or line editing experience preferred.
- Excellent content editing and copy editing skills. Proficient in AP Style. Technical editing experience a plus.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines across several projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities.
- Familiarity with SEO concepts, including the role content creation plays in organic search traffic. Knowledge of keyword research a plus.
- Basic Photoshop skills a plus.
- Excel skills a plus.
- Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- A willingness to learn and share your knowledge with the team.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.