Editorial Customer Support Rep Temp - Performance Brands & Partners
Leaf Group is looking for an Editorial Customer Support Representative Temp to help us crush online content creation from our Santa Monica, CA office.
The Editorial Customer Support Representative is responsible for providing customer support to our freelance editorial team. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with a mastery of the English language. This is a temp role starting at 32 hours a week.
Our Performance Brands & Partners (PBP) business oversees 55+ of our most promising new web sites. This is an opportunity to not only impact the editorial quality of each site, but also to play a pivotal role in the growth trajectory of the sites.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service and who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To:
- Sr. Operations Manager, Media
Works Closely With:
- Performance Brands & Partners Editorial Team
A typical day as an Editorial Customer Support Representative might include:
- Deliver quick, world-class customer support service through email to our freelance writing and editing community.
- Be the liaison between freelance community and in-house staff.
- Respond to technical issues and provide instructions to users.
- Answer freelance staff administrative questions in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback on how to improve our content management system (CMS).
- Handle feedback emails. Respond in a timely manner as necessary.
- Make editorial changes to articles flagged by feedback loop.
- Provide editorial recommendations on how to update feedback-tagged articles.
- Create an in-house wiki of all our most-pressing and commonly asked questions.
- Perform other editorial tasks and projects as necessary to support business objectives, if necessary.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, English, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of customer support experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and typing skills. Technical writing or editing experience a plus.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines across several projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to respond to emails or inquiries in a timely manner.
- Previous experience working with a CMS.
- Previous experience using technology, including but not limited to chat, email, Google documents, etc.
- Basic Photoshop skills a plus.
- Excel skills a plus.
- Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- A willingness to learn and share your knowledge with the team.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.