Seeker is looking for a Community Manager to join our audience development team. We need independent self- starters and critical thinkers. We are looking for a social media strategist with knowledge of YouTube, Instagram and Facebook best practices, who can work across multiple shows & series. They will be responsible for community management and audience development, building and connecting with audiences, driving engagement and facilitating discussion that continues the conversation around the clock.
In this role, content creation meets data insights, and this candidate will be the driving force behind it. They’ll be a crucial part of running day-to-day operations for multiple social video pages and groups while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. They will manage content partnerships and curation of the Seeker website.
Overall, this person is nimble and welcomes the continuing evolution of our digital media industry. They have a strong social media background with specific examples on how they’ve successfully grown digital audiences. They are curious and a creative self-starter who works collaboratively with others, is highly organized, and has an eye for content that will resonate with a general audience. This role reports to Seeker Senior Manager of Audience Development.
Your application should include a resume that clearly shows us why you’re our ideal candidate. In addition, if you do not check off every bullet point in this job description but feel like you’d be a great fit for this role, apply anyway, attaching a cover letter that elaborates on why you want to join us, specific examples (with links) of social accounts you managed and grew successfully via community engagement, and any other skills you have that we didn’t mention that you think will contribute to your success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee all aspects of community engagement for Seeker series and episodes across multiple platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
● Work with senior Audience Development leads to develop and manage content partnerships
● Maintain Seeker voice in copywriting across multiple channels
● Drive video consumption by creating and/or maintaining community pages (i.e. YouTube Community tab, Facebook groups) with a clear tone that encourages active participation
● Monitor community pages and video posts and increase fan engagement by facilitating discussions and responding to comments
● Partner with Insights to support channel growth by monitoring engagement and reporting key learnings to video producing teams
● Create social media posts (such as images, polls, gifs) to promote series tune-in and encourage repeat viewership
● Curate content on Seeker website
● Assist with social publishing duties
● Work closely with the Production Operations and Content teams to streamline processes and workflows
● Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
● Ensure all Seeker editorial standards, policies, and processes are observed and follow
● Perform other duties as assigned
● 2+ years experience running a social media account for a digital outlet or brand
● Strong familiarity with social publishing tools, especially YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
● Experience with partner outreach and managing social campaigns
● Comfortable and eager to represent Seeker digitally and in-person, serving as a voice of the brand during corporate or industry events
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
● Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Flexible – willing and able to evolve with our fast changing digital media industry
● Familiarity with Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud
● Excellent writing and communication skills
● Knowledge of emerging platforms and digital trends
● A strong sense of curiosity
● Close attention to detail and highly organized
● Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and within a team
● Enthusiasm and excitement for the Seeker brand, your Seeker team and the content we create
● A can-do, team-first attitude, are a must!
● Passion for journalism, science, technology, innovation, and design
● Experience or interest in being on-camera talent, participating in Seeker content as a host or co-host, as needed
● Foreign language skills are a bonus (please indicate fluency or proficiency)
● Familiarity with Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud
● Bachelor's degree in a related field
About Seeker Media:
Seeker exists where technology, innovation and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries and ground-breaking Virtual Reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.