Business Development Manager
- Full Time
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving
strategic dealer acquisition and growth within a defined geographic territory.
The BDM will:
• Develop and execute strategic plans to drive growth across
digital media solutions
• Identify and qualify prospects and current customer
opportunities to sell comprehensive solutions
• Effectively understand dealer needs to communicate the full
value proposition of CAMSG
• Lead sales opportunities and collaborate with Business
Development Engineers and Dealer Success Consultants to sell complex digital
- Prioritize accounts and opportunities for investment and
- Work directly with field sales employees (DSC/BDE) to identify
prospects and develop market-specific strategies for clients. Capture largest
in-market opportunities and prospects through a combination of solo direct
selling and team presentations via four-legged calls. Target clients will
include non-paying dealers and prospects within assigned territory.
- Assess the effectiveness of dealer marketing and advertising
spend in order to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Collaborate and deliver a pre-determined number of product
presentations to prospective and current customers to align with or exceed
goals set by sales leadership.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue
and growth goals as set by sales leadership.
- Effectively share field/product successes, opportunities, and
challenges with Business Development and field sales teams as well as corporate
support and enablement teams via strong written and verbal communications.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities to meet and
exceed sales targets by being an industry expert and highly skilled closer.
- Minimum of 80% field time developing, re-establishing and
growing client relationships and business, with a significant focus on
communicating value to new customers.
- Leverage additional resources (e.g. BDE, Marketing, etc.) to
close business requiring expertise beyond the BDC role.
- Coach and influence Dealer Success Consultants & Business
Development Engineers, as needed.
- Utilize Salesforce as the tool of record to capture all dealer
sales calls, information, and opportunities.
- Lead dealer product training and delivery, as needed, and
ensure smooth account transitions to Dealer Success Consultants for ongoing
- Successfully complete all required training while seeking a
superior level of industry knowledge and an expertise in all Cox Automotive
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:• 5+ years proven experience in a sales revenue generation role• Previous experience and a proven high level of success presenting/selling solutions to clients• Ability to travel up to 100% of the time within regional geography, with occasional overnight stays• Ability to travel outside of territory for meetings, training, etc.• Valid driver’s license• Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in various technologies• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills• HS Diploma/GED equivalent required Preferred Qualifications:• Strong understanding of the specific market as it relates to automotive and digital media• Demonstrated and complete understanding of Cox Automotive Media solutions; general understanding of all other Cox Automotive companies• Highly proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.• Previous experience using Salesforce.com• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred (e.g. Marketing, Communications)
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.