- Full Time
Newsday is looking for a Senior Designer to join our Client Solutions team. This team will conceive, design, develop, and execute print, web and multimedia marketing, advertising and promotion materials to effectively create, extend, and communicate the Newsday brand, improve client understanding and awareness, and promote programs both internally and externally. Translates Newsday’s marketing and communication goals into unique and creative solutions for all Newsday brands. Collaborate with art personnel and Client Solutions managers to provide creative support services by designing marketing materials, advertisements, sales collateral and creative across all channels (print, digital and events). Role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in both print and web design. A strong sense of urgency and attention to detail is crucial to this role.
- Conceptualize and implement design solutions that meet marketing strategies and goals from concept to completion.
- Take an ownership role on delegated projects in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
- Create advertisements, flyers/sell sheets, eblasts, presentations, brochures, web graphics and other marketing and promotional materials as directed to the standards set forth in Newsday brand guidelines.
- Design sophisticated high-end layouts and campaign work with limited turnaround time.
- Work closely with internal clients to create, media kits, flyers, calendars, brochures etc. for Advertising, Marketing Research.
- Create compelling multimedia presentations incorporating video, animation and graphics.
- Design and code email and enewsletter materials and manage deployment.
- Make necessary adjustments or corrections to projects and deliver to Client Solutions managers.
- Track all work through production life-cycle using SalesForce Data management and storage of electronic documents and files for archiving and retrieval.
- Bachelor’s in Graphic Design or Fine Arts
- Minimum of 5-7 years strong design experience in an ad agency or media environment working as a designer.
- At least three years in area of marketing, preferably at a newspaper or magazine.
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite including; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier and After Effects, Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with internal clients, departments and vendors.
- Apply innovative thinking and problem solving to create eye-catching creative executions utilizing illustrations, photography, graphics and type.
- Self Starter with abilities in multitasking and time management, while working under general supervision and meeting set deadlines.
- Knowledge of latest trends in design and typography.
- Complete understanding of color theory, composition, principles of design and typography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the pre-press production processes for newsprint and commercial applications.
- Proficiency in HTML Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Exceptional portfolio that showcases creativity, visual skills, and solid conceptual, color and layout skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, up to entire shift, Ability to type 50+ words per minute, Ability to lift/carry up to 15 lbs as needed (such as files, folders, binders, boxes of data…).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.