- Full Time
NationSwell’s mission is to connect America’s leading problem solvers and accelerate their solutions. The key to our success is building a team of exceptional and talented mission-driven individuals. Together we tackle issues and create impact. We’ve had tremendous luck growing a team of service-minded change-makers. Now the NationSwell Publishing Team is looking for our next colleague to tell the stories of the people that are moving our nation forward.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Understands that good journalism is one of the most powerful vehicles for change that we the people have at our disposal
- Proven track record of writing stories that make the reader want to do more than simply move on to the next article in their feed
- Knows how to find a story of social impact first, and tell it best
- Copy is clean; voice distinct
- Proficiency with AP Style is a must
- Competency and sourcing on issues of the environment, voting rights, economic inequality and criminal justice reform is preferred
- At least a year as a staff writer at a publication is preferred, but not required; the perfect candidate’s work will speak for itself
- Being a high-performing, highly productive staff writer for the company;
- Writing, on average, four (4) high-quality pieces or posts per week;
- Being a thought-leader and partner on overall editorial quality of the site;
- Providing a range of editing and writing related duties, as needed
- Assisting with various facets of audience development, social media, and the NationSwell Council, as needed.
All candidates for this role must share our core values of innovation, integrity, excellence, teamwork and inspiration. They will seek to combine outstanding business experience and performance with an authentic passion for impact and social good.
If you’re motivated by the thought that the stories you report might make a meaningful and measurable difference for the lives of your fellow humans, this is the perfect position for you.
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision making process, both in staffing and in work product.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing specifics about why you feel that 1) NationSwell and 2) this role in particular is a great fit for your next professional adventure! Applications should be submitted via NationSwell’s Workable portal: https://nationswell-1.workable.com/jobs/932634