Multi-Media Journalist WWSI
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo62 in Philadelphia, PA is currently looking for a Multimedia Journalist Reporter to produce, report, shoot, write, voice, edit, and feed news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to our Telemundo62 viewers. This individual should have a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also know editing system and camera operation.
Responsibilities Responsible for news coverage in the tristate area; Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware.Responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute to building the rundown.Responsible for assisting in the production of the live broadcast.Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in the tri-state area. Expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.Must be able to interact with viewers/users on social media sites.Perform special projects and other duties as assignedEnsure that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television
• Superior on-air presence
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations
• Must work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Candidate must work effectively with other in a team oriented environment
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a working journalist
• BS/BA in journalism/ Communications
• Must have strong Spanish and English writing & verbal skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• The position requires driving and a valid driver’s license.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.