WWSI Investigative Reporter / Responde
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo62 RESPONDE is the first investigative journalism unit that offers Spanish-speaking consumers a direct opportunity to investigate and solve their problems.
Telemundo62 RESPONDE is seeking a reporter to join our consumer advocacy team. This reporter will be part of a team who answer inquiries from local consumers who fear they may have been wronged in any way.
Responsibilities include:Researching, writing, editing, producing and gathering consumer/investigative content in Spanish and English Preparing consumer reports for air, working either independently or with a producerDevelop a network of sources and experts to generate enterprise consumer/investigative stories on a daily basis Provide editorial guidance; manage tips database and resolve consumer complaints on a daily basisFile and manage public records requests, conduct interviews, and contact companies for comment on storiesCoordinate additional and unique coverage with digital team
• Minimum 4 years of experience working as an on-air television News Reporter
• Strong Spanish language story-telling and television writing skills required
• Must know computer-assisted research and reporting as well as database programs
• BS/BA degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• Must have the ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish and have a solid knowledge of the English language as well
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have ability to work any of a 24/7 shift
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Consumer reporting experience
• Previous experience working with hidden cameras
• Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work contacts on the phone to break stories, news tips and to react quickly and aggressively to breaking news
• Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts and a critical eye for details
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and handle high-pressure situations on a consistent basis, especially during story research and investigations, as well as breaking news situations
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and work well and contribute within a strong station team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.