Newscast Producer (Weekend) - KNTV
Location: San Jose, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
KNTV is looking for a highly motivated Weekend Newscast Producer with outstanding news judgment and digital skills, a sense of good production value, and the ability to pitch great stories for a highly competitive, high pressure newsroom.
The Producer will be responsible for producing a newscasts in conjunction with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters, Anchors, Writers and other Producers. They will desktop edit, write and produce news content for broadcast, digital and web platforms. Successful candidates will be active on social media and understand how to leverage those platforms for all stories in the show.
Please Note: This is not an entry level position. Experience writing for and producing a newscast in a mid-major market is required. Applicants who have not produced a television newscast in a mid to major market will not be considered.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment in a middle-to-major news market.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Strong news writing skills and the ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Must be a team player and work well with Reporters, Assignment Editors, Writers and other Producers
• Must be active on social media and understand how to leverage those platforms for all stories
• Passion to develop and present story ideas
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats
• A pioneering spirit with the desire the learn emerging technologies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.