Content Producer WWSI
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
WWSI Telemundo in Philadelphia seeks a Content Producer who is responsible for the creation of the newscasts and other news programs as needed.
· Responsible for overall production, content and every element of each newscast.
· Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, VJ’s and production crews).
· Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
· Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a newscast that achieves the daily goal.
· Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what is news in the Philadelphia market.
· Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts.
· Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter lead-ins.
· Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
· Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
· Work with Video Journalists to improve story and presentation.
· Editing skills to edit video clips.
· Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
· Work closely with producers and News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
· Assign content producers, reporters and anchors as needed.
· Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
· Work directly with content producers articulating angle of story, length and video.
· Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
· Complete discrepancy reports with detail and accuracy to help prevent future problems.
· Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• 2 to 4 years producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the Philadelphia area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.