- Full Time
The National Corporate Sponsorship Department is seeking an Account Coordinator for the Client Services team to further engage and retain current sponsors of PBS’ television shows, programs, podcasts and offerings. The heart of this work involves helping television shows such as Arthur, Curious George, NOVA and others raise visibility with interested corporate partners, strengthening the perceived value of PBS and ensuring sustainability of these treasured productions.
The National Corporate Sponsorship department consists of the sales, marketing, research and client services teams, and is responsible for securing and retaining corporate sponsors for PBS’ national television series and digital offerings, produced by WGBH and outside producers.
The Client Services staff acts as primary liaisons with nationally renowned companies and manages these corporate accounts to ensure successful execution of all sponsorship deliverables. The CS team also partners with television production units, and the sales team on sponsorship renewals and upsells.
The Account Coordinator, reporting to the National Account Director, plays a key role working with Senior Client Services staff to assist in fostering relationships with a portfolio of clients. This work is done through executing sponsorship deliverables, building relationships with key stakeholders at client companies, and assisting in the renewal process for national corporate sponsors. The role also entails partnering with sponsors on social media campaign efforts, helping to facilitate sponsor events, and more. The Account Coordinator position is also focused on internal relationship building across WGBH, actively communicating the work and efforts of the sponsorship team, and partnering with other departments to ensure that sponsor requests, priorities and objectives are understood and addressed.
This is an AEEF union position.
- Interact with various internal departments and external constituencies on behalf of SGPTV and clients
- Assist in maintaining ongoing communication with clients to support department goal of renewing business
- Event management, social media campaign coordination with sponsors, and relationship management on pertinent accounts
- Maintain and update information pertaining to clients and the series they sponsor
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Two to four years experience in related fields (marketing, media, agency work, client relationships, business development), a corporate setting and/or in a client-focused environment.
- Candidates must have extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, be a confident public speaker, pay high attention to detail, and be a well-organized time-manager of multiple projects with various, often last-minute deadlines.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise good judgment under pressure, and exhibit poise and professionalism when communicating with executives.
- Proficient with Macintosh systems, and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint applications. Familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop.
- Accomplished navigator of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Familiarity with media metrics, analysis and other systems a plus (ie; Nielsen, Salesforce, etc.).