Assistant Video Editor
- Full Time
The Met creates a variety of audiovisual content including full-length performances, music clips, behind-the-scenes segments, interviews, trailers, commercial spots and short features for marketing and social media purposes. The Assistant Editor will be responsible for the ingest, packaging, and delivery of content across the Met’s various marketing platforms; and the technical and asset management of both the Met’s catalogue of existing audio-visual content and on-going creation of new content and deliverables. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and project management skills and display an ability to multi-task and work well with a variety of personalities. This person will have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends as schedule requires and will be able to work under tight deadlines. Knowledge of classical music and opera a plus.
The Assistant Editor will work under the direction of the Videographer/Editor and Director of Media and will be the central point person coordinating content needs for the Marketing and Media staff.
The Met’s digital content operation includes an Avid editing suite, digital asset management system (CatDV), and extensive digital storage solution (media servers and LTO). The Assistant Editor will be responsible for managing the flow and storage of content among these systems.
- Organization and storage of assets including raw footage and finished deliverables
- Management of technical workflow for content in and between Avid editing suite and CatDV asset management system, from initial ingest to storage
- Lead administrator for CatDV asset management system:
- Creation of best practices and protocols for system structure and organization
- Creation of metadata for all content based on established protocols and conventions
- Primary point-of-contact with outside vendors for maintenance and technical support as well as Met staff and Met IT dept for all system-related use, issues, and requests for material.
- Trafficking of deliverables to all outlets/platforms
- Supervision and organization of digital storage, supervision of staff use of the system, including metadata creation
- Ingest of all AV material for Videographer/Editor into Avid and asset management system as well as ancillary materials such as audio and subtitle files, still photos, graphics, etc.
- Organization of project work and media
- AVID editing and repackaging of a variety of content under direction of Videographer/Editor including performance clips, interview segments, social media posts, behind-the-scenes features
- Packaging of content including creation of text cards, graphics, logos, etc.
- Formatting and packaging of content to meet technical specifications of various outlets and platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Digital delivery of content to various platforms/outlets and marketing partners
- Coordinate with outside post-production facilities for on-line finishing (color-correct, mix, etc.), when required
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- BA degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience as an assistant editor
- Professional level knowledge of Avid system. Knowledge of other editing systems a plus.
- Expertise with media asset management and storage systems. Knowledge of CatDV a plus.
- Knowledge of archival best practices and familiarity with server systems, LTO, and cloud storage.
- Expertise with a variety of software and encoding programs / codecs (Adobe Media Encoder, etc.)
- Experience with music editing a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter via the link provided, including “Assistant Video Editor” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Apply for Assistant Video Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly