- Full Time
Job Title: Account Executive
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: As Needed
The position of Account Executive reports to an Account Supervisor or higher level employee. The primary responsibilities are to, in some cases, be a daily liaison between Magrino and client, to implement PR programs and tactics, be a media contact and handle many of the writing tasks for the account.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing efforts of the account support team (Intern, AC, SAE, etc.)
- Developing leadership/mentoring skills
- Understanding the focus and needs of the clients; anticipating client needs in advance
- Identifying hot topics for the client and monitoring trends -- proactively initiating coverage of them
- Scanning assigned publications daily, clipping pertinent articles and circulating to the team and client
- Understanding clients’ products/positioning
- Initiating, preparing for and attending client meetings
- Writing a variety of materials including timelines, press releases, media alerts, photo captions, client memos, pitch letters, status reports, gossip items, etc.
- Pitching the media without supervision
- Arranging press tours
- Screening media inquiries and arranging interviews
- Calling on and tracking editorial calendars for your clients
- Editing written materials for quality control, attention to detail, etc.
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years minimum experience in public relations
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to prioritize while simultaneously working on numerous projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media