Account Manager, Architecture + Design
- Full Time
Public relations firm specializing in design, architecture and visual arts is seeking a full-time Account Manager for its design and architecture team.
We are looking for a bright, organized, experienced and detail oriented public relations professional. The applicant must be able to multi-task and have the ability to take initiative and problem solve. He/she must be media savvy, have impeccable phone manner and people skills, experience working in a team, and the ability to prioritize and take direction.
Candidate should be knowledgeable about design and architecture and have strong contacts and knowledge of design media. Also required are outstanding writing skills, flair for social media, and polished interpersonal skills. The ability to multi-task and work effectively in a small-team environment is essential.
We value stability and long-term business relationships and seek candidates whose professional goals align naturally with the agency and its clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including company-paid health and dental coverage, vacation and personal days, a retirement plan and bonuses subject to revenue and performance.
Candidates must be able to think creatively and quickly, have the ability to adapt to different kinds of clients and contexts, and be comfortable in social environments. Foreign language skills a plus.
3-5 years of agency experience focusing in design or at a cultural organization is required.
- Creating and executing strategic communication plans/timelines
- Acting as day-to-day contact for clients and media
- Fielding media inquiries and arranging client interviews
- Compiling and reviewing targeted media lists
- Actively pitching media outlets
- Developing and editing press materials including press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, fact sheets, images, remarks, and presentations
- Planning special events, such as press previews and press trips
- Reviewing agendas and media updates for weekly client calls
- Lead weekly client calls
- Implementing social media strategies for clients
- Database supervision
- Representing Blue Medium at design industry events
- Overall management of team: Account Coordinator and one intern
- Account Manager reports into Vice President
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Communications or Journalism
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- An energetic team player and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong media relations skills and contacts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Filemaker, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Solid understanding of social media tools and channels
- Solid knowledge of publications covering design, lifestyle and culture
- Availability to attend client events after hours as required
Apply for Account Manager, Architecture + Design
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly