Web Content Producer
Background / General Description
The Web and Social Media unit in the External Corporate Relations department is looking for an experienced, hands-on web producer to support the Bank’s work on interactive online communications and multimedia. The producer will perform a critical role in making sure that the web content posted on the World Bank Live platform and the World Bank YouTube channel is timely and accurate. The Producer will update these platforms on daily basis. The position requires an excellent command of the latest techniques and trends in multimedia and social media, strong creative and language skills, a passion for digital media, and an ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues in a lively, fun, fast-paced environment with short deadlines and changing priorities.
Digital media is a core part of the World Bank Group’s open development efforts, especially as a method for expanding the reach of knowledge and messages, but more importantly, to become a better listener and engage with global audiences. One of the Bank’s core engagement platforms is World Bank Live – the World Bank's flagship website for live-streaming and engaging with global audiences in open and two-way conversations about international development. WB Live is a vital channel for broadcasting and the Bank’s innovative services, knowledge products, development results and strategic partnerships. The interactive nature of the platform is used to expand real-time and deep engagement with the Bank’s clients, academics, CSOs, and our partners.
Another important digital platform for the World Bank is YouTube. With 82,000 subscribers, the channel serves as a resource of information on development issues and inspiring stories on resilience, innovation and ingenuity of people around the world. The platform is continuously expanding to reach more online communities.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Online Communications Producer plays a strong technical, strategic and quality assurance role in the day-to-day operation of the World Bank Group’s external sites, as a member of the Communications Team. The Producer will be responsible for the following activities under supervision of the Lead of Digital Advocacy and Engagement, and the Head of Online and Social Media Communications.
- Manage the World Bank Live editorial calendar for scheduling events
- Liaise with audio-visual and technical staff for live video streaming functionality during high level events, both onsite as well as online for events overseas.
- Work with clients across the Bank to produce upcoming event pages and keep them updated on the WB Live website.
- Advise clients on best practices for live engagement during events.
- Identify technical, user interface and design improvements for World Bank Live and submit service tickets to the Information Technology Solutions team.
- Train staff on using Live Blogging software (ScribbleLive) and assist with online engagement opportunities.
- Produce metrics reports monthly and as needed for WB Live.
- Curate and upload videos to YouTube based on corporate guidelines
- Assist units across the Bank in YouTube content optimization which includes proper titles, descriptions, keywords, thumbnails or cross promotion of related content.
- Create YouTube playlists to showcase videos for campaigns
- Work with the Digital Engagement Officer and Content Creative Lead on innovative ideas to engage the YouTube community
- Implement YouTube channel governance, block abusive users, process copyright claims in coordination with accountable units
- Responsible for facilitating captions for videos published on the YouTube corporate channel, to increase reach and improve search engine optimization
- Produce and analyze metrics reports monthly and as needed for YouTube.
- Assist and advice units on video translations using DotSub.
- Provide flexible daily production support and other tasks as assigned by the online communications team.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience as a web producer, social media marketer or equivalent.
- Excellent written and spoken command of English
- Proficient in editing images using Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of live-streamed video production and multimedia for the web.
- Experience using the Drupal content management system.
- Experience editing video.
- Proficient in HTML and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and an eye for detail; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Interest in international development issues and an understanding of how communications can assist key audiences in meeting challenges
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment
- This is a short-term consultancy to begin in March 2019, with the possibility of renewal. Short-term consultants are limited by World Bank policy to working 150 days per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter via the link provided no later than February 18th to be considered.
Apply for Web Content Producer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly