News Assistant, WSJ. Magazine
- Full Time
WSJ. Magazine is seeking a News Assistant to provide administrative support to the Editor in Chief of WSJ. Magazine and support the magazine’s editorial staff at large.
- Managing EIC contacts and daily schedule, including internal meetings with the editorial and publishing staffs and external industry meetings
- Acting as the liaison between EIC and editorial, fashion, design, production, digital, copy and research departments
- Submitting and tracking EIC expenses
- Booking all aspects of EIC travel, domestic and international
- Significantly contribute pitching, writing and editing front of book sections
- Assisting in the production of WSJ. events such as the annual Innovator Awards and conferences such as D. Live and The Future of Everything, as well as organizing the annual staff off-site meeting
- Maintaining all EIC contacts and updating status on communications
- Coordinating European fashion week schedules, including transportation, accomodations, fashion show and presentation attendance
- Scheduling full-staff meetings, including lineup and layout reviews
- Arranging all domestic and international travel for contributing WSJ. writers and editors
- Providing research support and transcriptions for contributors and senior editorial staff as needed
- Coordinating publishing schedules with the digital team
- Submitting applications for annual editorial competitions
- Maintaining issue archives
- Interviewing job candidates
- General office management, including mail sorting, ordering supplies, messenger pickups and delivery, issue distribution to contributors, updating culture lists
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Availability to work overtime and on weekends when necessary
- College degree
- Relevant journalism experience a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15500