NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for an Anchor/Reporter. This position will gather news information and prepare it for presentation on air, on line and for mobile. The ideal candidate has a passion for pitching great original content, finding the heart of a story and a desire to dig a little deeper. An anchor at KXAS-TV helps craft the editorial content by coming in each day knowledgeable of the news of the day and prepared to handle whatever may come at them. They must be able to work well with a producing team and director to help build a newscast with a modern look and feel. The ideal candidate thrives under pressure, excels at breaking news and knows how to succeed in a deadline driven environment. Finally, the ideal candidate knows how to use their skills and personality to bring out the best in the on air team they work with each day. Basic Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years television reporting
- Minimum 4 years television anchoring
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
- Must submit a video of own work to be considered.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work at the station in Fort Worth, TX , just south of DFW airport
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary
- Must be able to work early mornings and on weekends
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong story telling
- Experience in contributing to digital platforms
- Excellent writing skills as well as very strong verbal communication.
- Strong editorial and production sense
- Proven ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
- General assignment reporting skills
- Ability to enterprise stories
- Experience with digital editing a plus
- Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
- Experience of working simultaneously on digital content
- Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
- Successfully collaborate in a team environment, contributing to a positive, supportive, and motivational dynamic
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.