Money Reporter, Make It
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented writer to develop its coverage under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
The Make It Money Reporter will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Using social media to distribute and promote content.
• At least 3 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter, including the ability to perform and multi-task under pressure.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events, especially as they relate to politics, policy, business and finance.
• Familiarity and comfort with social media.
• Ability to convey to readers why, and how, high-level or abstract stories could affect them.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.